Monday 7 May 2012

Open House - first weekend

Well, our first open house weekend has been & gone. I estimate that we had around 200 visitors which was nice. This is perhaps a few more than we expected with all the other things going on, that and I gather the first weekend is normally the quietest.

For me it was intriguing seeing the different ways people went around what we had on show. For example; A lot of people seemed to go into the front room & they looked down a lot & seemed to barely (if at all) notice things higher up. We did have some sculpture on the floor and low down, some things like jewellery a little higher up but we also had some painting & other things at around eye level or even slightly higher. I tried not to be too obvious in my observation and it wasn't like I was taking scientific notes, just "noticing" different behaviours. For me, when I go to something on show, I like to at least give everything a glance or more. This observation will lead to a little shimmy around of the layout for this coming weekend I think.

I hope you can make it. I promise I won't scrutinise you too much!


No comments:

Post a Comment