Saturday 11 February 2012

Family Shoal (part 2)

Everything went smoothly with my great little "Family Shoal" picture until I thought that I'd finished. Something was not right. Let's see how it pans out.

"Family Shoal" - stage 2.
 OK, so far, so good. For some reason I decide to do the background first. I then do the fish but some heavy blotting is needed as some of these lines are so fine. That means that the blotting takes some background with it too. I rework the background and touch things up and things are now as required. I have imagined a pink-ish sandstone and here it is. But I'm not happy, it does not look right with the DNA stain for my fish.

"Family Shoal"- end take 1.
I decide to use a lemon colour blended with a hint of purple to allow it to take up its setting comfortably.
"Family Shoal" - end take 2.
Now we are subject to my mobile phone camera here so it is frequently hard to know one colour from another. I will post a new image with better colour when I have my next camera session.

No comments:

Post a Comment