Monday 20 February 2012

Visitors, school holidays & nasty letters from Mr. Tax.

We have had a few groups of visitors over this last week which is always nice. I have managed to finish off a couple of works and framed some others. Of course, when you have people visiting, it's always nice to go & do a few extra trips out so that rather than doing my own work I've been doing other things like a visit to the Hockney exhibition at the Royal Academy. See it if you can. I wish I had the space to make things of such a scale.

We also had a couple of horrible letters from the tax man claiming that we owe insane piles of money. Even though our accountant assures me that this is a mistake it plays away on my mind so that I cannot concentrate on my work. The taxman still contradicts the accountant. I hate this scenario, it completely takes the nice edge off things. I think that someone needs to take more care to get things right because it just ends up costing everyone so much in more ways than just money with each little poorly judged demand. I think I would earn more money not working but instead I have to put up with this re-occurring nightmare.

I hope to have this sorted out quickly so that I can get on with some great new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment