Sunday 29 January 2012

Arty breakfast + does the new photo setup work with a mobile camera?

Yesterday, (as I forgot I'd snapped this), I had a really nice breakfast so why not share it here! OK, not art but it set me up with a good start. Quite simple but extremely yum. Porridge oats, raisins, 4 -5 chopped grapes and a couple of chopped dates. Here it is looking all nice before I mixed it up with some nice yogurt (after which it did not really look nice but was!).

Om nom nom nom...


More from today: 
Does the new photography setup help with a mobile phone camera?

I currently have an (early-ish?) HTC Desire and, on the whole, the camera is mediocre. Or worse. Even if you pull the back off to get the pocket lint off the lense (another design flaw I think).

I took 8 low incidence test shots with it. All had diffused sunshine coming in from several sources and 2 photography lights but even with that it had trouble with the focus/"shutter" speed/etc. to the extent that only 1 of the shots was OK. The colour was improved (but still not great) in all of them but you just need more than that (i.e. when you're out & about with just your mobile). Here is the "OK" shot:


OK, I know that you don't expect much from most mobile phone cameras but I think the results from mine mobile are not great. The thing just needs so much help. I know that it is poor in low light with loads of noise but with this much help things should be so much better.

It may seem like this is a bit off topic but, for me, I frequently snap things with my mobile that I think might form the seed of an idea later. I don't really want that seed to be stunted any more than necessary. Once my phone company "deal" has burnt out I think the camera on my next device will be a very high priority. Obviously I could carry a proper camera everywhere but who wants to do that?

1 comment:

  1. One thing I left off my breakfast instructions: a nice sprinkle of ground cinamon.

    ReplyDelete