Wednesday 4 January 2012

Atom Smasher: Pink Particle

I admit it. I do like a bit of science now & then. I do not always understand it but I get the basics enough to gaze in awe at some of the things being attempted.

I know that for most people, even some scientists, it takes a lot to explain some of the cutting edge stuff. Sometimes big machines are used to find what science is looking for. Sometime they find something new.

We would all sometimes like things to be explained in words of no syllables; just by emotion would be interesting but I think we may wait some time before that happens.



Now ponder finding something unexpected.

Atom Smasher: Pink Particle
Imagine looking into the hadron collider only to find something that goes some way to explaining a whole section of something. Now you, like myself, may be viewing that section from the outside but accepting that things are sometimes just "different" might make it fit with the way things are. And if you don't, never mind. I like the combination of words "atom smasher" and "pink particles". Interesting subjects & ideas to mull over and imagine.

Above we have multiple layers of acrylic laid down on the previous layer straight away, no time to dry but without enough force to allow each layer to blend (much). Various colours are then flicked into the layers so that the head of the flick gives the newly applied colour while the tail results in a blend of the assorted layers under this.

You should see a better photograph on my own web site soon (once I have enough day light to get a decent representation of the colours).

No comments:

Post a Comment