Thursday 5 January 2012

Tree Stump Children (part 2)

I started off by painting in a few bits of brighter sunlit patches. After all, it is no good having a really dense wood or you'd not be able to run about in it.

Sunlight in.
 Next I want lots of background vegetation and muck!

Background vegetation and muck there.

Now you can see a few splodges above on the legs. Those were a mistake but it doesn't matter as I will paint over those. Anyway, what sort of kid won't get plastered in muck when larking in the woods anyway.

Next for the tree stump, some background tree trunks, branches and some twigs & sticks.
There's the tree stump & more background. 

Next I want to add in some of the clothes. Now I expect a well tutored artist would probably put the skin in now as the clothes go on top of that, however, I don't have much time left to get the colours right for skin but I do think that I can get a few garments sorted out. Particularly our lad in who is in there behind the girls anyway.
Shoes & socks on. One lad nearly dressed.
Next (tomorrow) I think it will be time to give those kids a bit of colour to their skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment