Tuesday 17 January 2012

Seashore Time (part 2)

I have continued to add to the pencil drawing stage on my large canvas today.

I have modified the first structure that I showed you in part 1. It is not so tall now but is much wider. Yesterday I estimated that it took up about 1/9th of the canvas but today it is perhaps around 1/6th.

Seashore Time, structure 1 day 2.
Now people who know the city where I live (Brighton, England) who have been to the sea front in the last 10 years should recognise the above structure. I think that for now I am going to keep the rest of you guessing.

I have also added some other things to my picture. I want a couple of girls running away from something but not in fright or at great speed.

Seashore Time, girls running away.
 I also want a girl staring at something. And what is the structure that she is standing by? Is it the other structure or somewhere else?
Seashore Time, girl staring.
 There is also a boy doing something, what could it be and where will he be?
Seashore Time, boy doing something.
There is a little more of the drawing that I have not shown you and I've obviously not let you see all the parts in context yet. I hope to make progress tomorrow so take another look soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment