Friday 6 January 2012

Tree Stump Children (part 3)

I think that I was going to colour the skin first thing today but it seemed to make more sense to sort the clothes out so that is what I started with. After that I coloured in those arms, hands and legs...
"Tree Stump Children", faces coloured.
"Tree Stump Children", faces need colour next.


OK, you can't see a lot of difference from the blog photos.

It's taken me most of today to get the point on the left and I then coloured in the faces (on the right hand photo). The colours via my mobile camera look a bit dark on the faces (in the blog preview on my PC anyway) but they seem good when looking at my actual artwork.

There is still a lot to do. I want to put more details on the T-shirts. I will probably tweak the skin here & there. There is loads of detail in the background to go in too.

My wife thinks that the tree stump is a tad dark and I agree so that is a candidate for adjusting. I would like it to contrast more with the background although as I don't have much of the other (final) background in place yet it is still early days.



You may think that it is odd to still have a lot of background to go after all that effort with the foreground people. True. I may be making work for myself, however, a few bits of background may be destined for overlapping anyway. A few leaves or fronds that have grown up around the stump. After all, who says that the tree was cut so recently that nothing has had time to grow in the vacant space?

I hope to do more over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment