Wednesday 18 January 2012

Seashore Time (part 3)

This morning was a bit misty with drizzle for occasional company. Not the best way to start the mornings painting normally but my plan for the first part of today involves using all the same colour. I want to colour in that structure.

Some of you may wonder why I have not put a background in yet. You will need to wait for that one.

Seashore Time, structure stage 3A, vertical lines.
I find it easier to do the vertical lines and then turn the cavas 90 degrees so that the horizonal lines are also (now) vertical lines. I then finish off by painting in the large area.

Seashore Time, structure stage 3B, filled in.
 Now you may be wondering why I have not used any shading. Well if you know what you have seen then you should be able to work out an occasion when you'd not expect any shades.

Next I am going to start putting in some background. But "back to front" you may cry! No, I am simply going to paint the background over the structure!
Seashore Time, structure stage 3C, upper background stage 3A.
 Remember that you can not see all the canvas yet. The upper background is going on in stages. Time for the next stage but why am I letting the structure fade away? Why would I paint over it?
Seashore Time, structure stage 3C, upper background stage 3B. 
You will have to wait to find out what happens to the structure as it's quite late but as a parting shot I thought you might like to see the staring girl. She too is by something painted in. Is it in the structure above. I will tease you a little more. The girl is standing by something that belongs to the structure in my painting!
Seashore Time, staring girl stage 3.
Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment