Tuesday 10 January 2012

End of Hope and Glory (part 3)

The lower gel has cleared a lot now so time to add some colour to it.

The lower gel is now very clear.
My colour scheme at this point is simple and it may remain so. I will simply colour the higher surface of the gel that makes the letter with the correct colour of the flag. Now because the gel is very uneven this should result in a bit of a wobbly appearance. Here we go.

Lettering stage one.
Very simple you see. Now we still have the upper letters to go and I am not certain that this is the end for the lower letters. I am tempted to colour in more of the interesting texture but want to have a ponder before I decide.

With a simple photo you do not really get the best impression of what this is like. Remember that the gel on which each letter sits undulates from a few mm up to perhaps more than 5 mm thick. In addition there are small spikes and bumps in the painted area. I also still have unpainted (so clear) grooves radiating out from the letters that bend the light a little as you pass. See if you can imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment