Wednesday 4 January 2012

Tree Stump Children (part 1)

Remember when you were young and anything was a toy or a stage?

You are charging about the woods, shouting, running, chasing. A warm sunny day, jumpers tied around middles. A glade, a tree stump. One child jumps on. If you are on there I want to be on there too. Another child and another. Arms around shoulders to hang on. Hooray!

Tree Stump Children - in pencil on canvas.
There is a lot further to go with this painting (currently just a pencil drawing). The tree stump is important so, in my naive way, I have drawn it larger than perspective would have it. The children are all important to the picture too so they are adapted to the aspect of the tree stump but more gently.

Next I hope to start putting in the background. I will probably go directly to paint with that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment