Sunday 29 January 2012

New painting photography setup - other results

You obviously cannot beat real sunshine! I did try to see how my new setup compares but it was always going to be unfair. Just as well because it cuts my re-work of previous painting photos to just a few, most of which I've now done.

Here is another one where the new results are better (between old & new photo setups, not sunshine V not sunshine. Of course.):


Here the colour representation made the image too orange.
 It is sometimes not until you have two things to compare that you start to see what's what.
This is a much closer colour representation of my "Grand Unification Formula" painting.


But this guy needs more sunshine, someone send him on holiday away from the rain! Note the 2 shaddows from my setup (which can be good for picking out profile details but possibly not so good straight on (which is something I need to do for most of my paintings when I want a quality shot prior to framing). I have other ways to deal with shadows so I can decide if I want them or not.
Two shadows
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment