Thursday 19 January 2012

Seashore Time (part 4)

Today we had another poor start as far as natural light goes but at times like this I can usually find something to do where this is not an issue. I decide to start painting in the seashore. This will be a process involving a number of stages. This first stage is really just a background colour. If I was painting a scene with an entirely sandy beach I could probably stop at this stage...
Seashore Time - beach 1st stage.
The beach here is heavily littered with stones. Lots and lots of them. First I paint in some darker patches. Next I am going to spatter a variety of colours for my stones. At each stage I am increasing the size of the brush I spatter from and towards the end the paint is not heavily mixed so that some of my "stones" will have swirls and marks on them. Here you can see that I've covered the white section from above with news paper to keep the spatter off.
Seashore Time - beach 2nd stage.
 This will probably not be the last stage for the beach. It will take quite some time for the acrylic to dry so I'm going to leave the beach for now.

Next, while the beach dries I will darken the structure again. Simple but not quick (and I have to do it with the structure upside down to avoid the wet beach!).
Seashore Time - structure stage 4
What will tomorrow bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment