Friday 20 January 2012

Seashore Time (part 5)

The light is a bit better today. Time for some sea...
Seashore Time - sea added - structure.
In the same way that I did the sky I have simply gone over all that fine detail in the structure without worrying about it. The sea paint is a blend of a few colours plus a little water.

Let's take a look at those children. You can see the ghostly remains of them and you can also see that the leg of the thing by the staring girls head (on the right) has been partly painted over by the sea paint too.

Seashore Time - sea added - ghostly children remain.
 Time to start painting in a little more of the children. I started with the shorts & top for the girl on the left and I then went on to do all the hair. The order is not too important here although it helps to do all the hair at once as all the colours are a sequence of colour blends done at the same time.

Seashore Time - hair here!

 In case you are interested in the shading for the clothes you can see it done here. On goes the purple shirt with the darkest bit in shadow...

Seashore Time - purple shirt stage 1.
Next I simply blend the "stripes" together. I don't always do it this way. Sometimes I dip the brush in one colour and then the next and rely on the time it takes to get through each layer of paint as I drag it over the place I want it.

Seashore Time - purple shirt stage 2

Now let's take a look at all the children. This is as far as I will paint them today except for a little shadowing around them perhaps.
Seashore Time - children just about done I think.

Next comes re-painting the structure where I went over it with the sea colour. Now I'm guessing I don't need to show you the result of just that. Following this I want to add some reflection artefacts to the sea from the structure in it. You can see that I've done this with deeper blue here.
Seashore Time - structure with reflections.

There is also the tiniest bit of shading but not too much. You can see that this structure is largely silhouetted but what is it and where is it? Find out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment